Here are some tips to prepare you for your new tattoo/piercing; and advise on how to keep your new body art/modification clean and healthy.
TATTOO TIPS & ADVICE:
1.Have something to eat before your appointment & bring a snack/drink along with you; this will help to keep your blood sugars up, preventing you from feeling light-headed.
2.Wear something comfortable or bring a change of clothes, so that the clothes are not obstructing the area where you are getting tattooed. Please note that the ink can stain your clothing.
3. Please avoid consuming alcohol for 24 hours before and after your tattoo, as alcohol acts as a blood thinner and can cause you bleed and swell more during tattooing.
4. After your tattoo is done, please follow closely the aftercare sheet that you have been advised on.
5. After your tattoo has healed you need to carry on taking good care of your skin, to keep it looking bright and beautiful.
6. Frequently moisturise your skin & drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.
7. If you are out in the sun, use a strong sun blocking cream on your tattoo; it will prevent it from fading.
PIERCING TIPS & ADVICE:
1. Have something to eat before your appointment & bring a snack/drink along with you; this will help to keep your blood sugars up, preventing you from feeling light-headed.
2. Understand that piercing (and other body arts) is a very individual matter and that the jewellery or placement that worked for your friend may not be right for you.
3. Please stay away from drinking alcohol for 24 hours before and after your piercing, as alcohol acts as a blood thinner and can cause bleeding during piercing procedure.
4. During your piercing use special breathing techniques (slow, deep & even breaths) to calm yourself and relax your body muscles.
5. Let your piercer know in advance if you have any allergies or medical conditions.
6. After you piercing is done, please follow closely the after care that you were advised on.
7. We strongly recommend not to change your jewellery until your piercing had fully healed.